Person to job role: EmployInsight.
When Sean Glass was getting his masters in Applied Positive Psychology at Penn, he was struck by how good scientists had become at grabbing the data underlying what’s good about them–emotional intelligence, psychological strengths, and the like–and that no one had built software built around that data.
His company, EmployInsight, is aiming to change that by allowing you to profile your work along a psychological dimension, both by assessment engine and matching algorithms, and in doing so helping to cure that psychological blindspot (for a consumer-facing idea of how this works, check out StrengthsInsight). “Just as you would specify the skills for every job you hire for,” Glass writes to Fast Company via email, “you should also work to specify the psychological resources used by that job.”
Glass makes the following case: While you may need the same technical skillset for every engineer on your team, you’d want to have a diversity of psychological resources–one should be more creative, another diligent, another a quick learner. “It was hard to specify jobs this way before,” he says. “We’ve made it much easier.”
Here are some tips on how to stay safe when cyber dating and going from online to off line (the meet)
1. Before you go from online to offline, you should get more information. Find out who your date is. Ask for your date’s first name and last name. Ask where they work and live, what they like and do not like. Ask around if anyone knows the person. Always share your plans a friend or relative (or both) who can follow up on your safety. Let them know who you are meeting, where you are meeting, when you are meeting and when you plan to return. Make sure your date knows you are spreading the word about them.
2. Keep a cell phone with you at all times. Make sure your cell phone is fully charged and take a charger with you for long distance travel. Do not carry large amounts of cash. If you go home with someone, remember to protect your valuables. If you bring someone home, don’t leave your wallet, pocketbook or valuables in sight.
3. Always be aware of your surroundings, if at a party, mix your own drinks and never leave drinks unattended. Getting drunk or being slipped a drug happens all too often. If you go out with a new person, drink in moderation or not at all. If you need to leave for any reason without your drink, (to go to the bathroom, for example) ask for a fresh drink when you return.
4. Consider “double-dating” or taking someone with you for your first offline date. Double-dating can take a lot of the fear out of your first offline encounter.
If double-dating is not an option, consider having someone accompany you and then leave after meeting your date. Add another layer of safety by having that person pick you up at an allocated time. If you cannot double-date or have someone accompany you, you can ask someone to observe discreetly from a distance without intruding on your date.
Finally, and most importantly, if you are going to engage in any sexual activity, ask about your date’s health status. Find out their HIV and STD status. Also remember that not everyone is honest and some will not tell you their real status.
Meeting someone online, chatting and getting to know them can be very exciting. There are many people who have formed life-long friendships and even married via cyber dating. It should be approached with both enthusiasm and caution. Following these PIX11 “Know Your Enemy” tips alone won’t guarantee safety, but may be the difference between a really enjoyable fun date versus one of the worst dates you ever had. Remember, use common sense and always exercise care and vigilance when using social media.
Chloe Green dating Marc Anthony?>
Jennifer Lopez’s ex Marc Anthony has been spotted with a new woman on his arm – Topshop heiress Chloe Green.Marc, 44, and Chloe, 21, were seen in Disneyland, California, together with the singer’s two children from his marriage to J-Lo.
Made In Chelsea’s Chloe and singer Marc held hands and cuddled up close in the snaps, while other pictures showed Chloe carrying Marc’s five-year-old daughter Emme.
Chloe is said to have split from footballer Djibril Cisse last month and previously had an on-screen romance with Made In Chelsea co-star Ollie LockeJ-Lo has been dating her choreographer, 25-year-old Casper Smart, since the end of her seven-year marriage to Marc.
Marc went on to date model Shannon De Lima, but the couple announced that they had ended their one-year romance in January.
How long singles wait to have sex
- Men: 37.5 percent want to wait until their new partner is ready before having sex for the first time, while 13.7 percent report generally waiting three dates before heading to the bedroom.
- Women: Commitment plays a more significant role for women with 30.8 percent reporting they’d wait until they were in an exclusive relationship with the other person and 16.3 percent wanting to wait until marriage. Only 1.4 percent of single women reported they have sex on a first date.
When to talk money, exes and politics
- Politics: Almost half (42 percent) of singles wait 2-3 weeks before bringing up politics.
- The Ex Factor: 34 percent of singles would let one month of dating pass before bring up an ex, and 27 percent would wait 2-3 months. Only 5 percent of men and 3 percent of women would bring up an ex on a first date.
- Money: 28 percent of singles would wait 2-3 months before discussing salaries, and 21 percent would wait 4-6 months.